Tarchim.com Feb 07, 202313 MIN READ
Global conflict, supply chain hiccups, energy shortages – 2023 seems to have seen it all. But despite the economic turmoil, e-commerce has continued to be a source of steady sales for B2B online stores.
The industry continues to grow, with reports suggesting that global sales could exceed $5 trillion this year.1 And with accelerating sales, the B2B e-commerce sector is on track to reach $13.6 trillion in value by 2027,2, meaning 2023 is likely to be another big year for the industry.
Savvy sellers will be strategizing on ways to take advantage of the e-commerce boom. If you’re also planning an entry into digital sales or want to expand your online sales catalog, we’ve curated a list of the top trending products to sell in 2023.
Table of Contents
- How to find trending products to sell online
- Top 10 trending products to sell online in 2023
- Tips for selling trending products online
- Sell on Tarchim.com
How to find trending products to sell online
Before launching into our list of best products to sell online next year, it’s worth taking time to explain how to find best-selling items on the internet.
With the growing profile of the B2B e-commerce sector and the influx of companies into digital selling, there’s greater competition than ever before. One of the ways your online store can outpace the competition is by selling high-demand products that increase your profits.
You can identify products people want to buy by studying trend sites, embracing social listening, and watching out for product trend lists like this one from Tarchim.com. Here’s a bit more about these research options.
- Trend sites: Google Trends and Ubersuggest are examples of trend sites you can use. These powerful, and free, resources let you analyze specific keywords related to certain products. You can use them to understand how often people search for those keywords and why. You can also see the trend over time and how demand may build.
- Marketplaces: Online B2B marketplaces like Tarchim.com regularly publish best-seller lists for various product categories. You can use these lists to see where the market is going. It’s also possible to build your own trends list by observing items regularly selling out on the platform. Pro-tip: we also use many of the other resources on this list to identify top-selling items.
- Social media: With 46% of B2B customers using social media to create “I want” lists, identify product options, and compare solutions, it’s clear why this can be a great research location.3 You can see what products buyers are interested in with tools like Instagram Collections and Facebook Shop catalogs.
- Online communities: Listening to shopping conversations in online communities is also a good idea. You can find Reddit threads, Quora spaces, Twitter communities, Facebook groups, and WhatsApp groups that provide valuable information from real people.
- Dropshipping tools: Multiple free and paid tools will help you identify trending products and where to buy them. Examples include Sell The Trend, Niche Scraper, AliExpress Dropshipping Center, and Allfactor.
As you’ll see, there’s no single way to identify the best products for online sale. You can choose to use one tool that you find trustworthy or a combination of two or more resources. It’s all about finding what works for you.
That said, let’s get into the list of top trending products to sell online in 2023.
Top 10 trending products to sell online in 2023
As every successful online retailer knows, e-commerce success lies in selling what people want to buy. That’s where lists like this come in handy. Below, we’ll highlight ten product categories with specific trending items that hold promise for online sales next year.
You’ll find this list useful if you already have a niche and are looking for a new product category to sell. B2B firms looking for a digital selling niche will also benefit from this list.
1. Health and Lifestyle
Health and wellness are bigger priorities for people today. According to the World Economic Forum, 62% of people confess that they’re more conscious about their health now than before the pandemic.4
Some of the top trending products in this category include:
- Medicinal supplements: Supplements like Ashwagandha, which is suggested to assist with male fertility and improved athletic performance,5 are seeing increased search volume. Another trending product is mushroom coffee – a blend of ground medicinal mushrooms like Lion’s mane with coffee beans.
- Air purifiers: With greater concern about air quality in many major cities, air purifiers are trending as an option to refresh polluted air.
- Matcha: Matcha is a caffeinated green tea that is seeing growing use in health and wellness circles.
- Reusable water bottles: Environmental concerns, and their impact on health, are fostering the use of eco- and health-friendly products like reusable water bottles.
Fashion is a staple of B2B e-commerce. But recent developments, such as a return to outdoor and social activities, are generating greater interest in certain items. Trending fashion items to sell in 2023 include:
- High-waist jeans: Outdoor clothes are seeing a resurgence, and high-waist jeans (or mom jeans) continue to be a customer favorite.
- Athleisure: Thanks to increased interest in sneakers and brands like Nike and Lululemon, sportswear is now fashionable. Buyers love the style and comfort these products bring.
- Headscarves: Scarves come in various attractive patterns and colors and can be styled with almost any outfit. So, it’s no surprise they’re seeing high search volumes on Google Trends.6
- Shapewear: Sales of shapewear, such as leggings, climbed during the lockdown period as people stuck with clothing items that provide comfort. But the trend has endured so far and will likely continue into 2023.
3. Personal care and beauty
The beauty and personal care industry will grow by more than 50% to reach $131 billion in revenue by 2026.7 Some of the main personal care and beauty products leading that trend include:
- Press-on nails: Stylish, affordable, and comfortable, press-on nails are unsurprisingly a hit with customers.
- Hair wigs: The hair extensions market is one of the most vibrant globally, with annual growth rates of 13%.8 That’s unlikely to change in 2023.
- Sleep masks: Sleep masks can aid faster and more restful sleep. They protect the eyes from bright lights that can chase sleep away, and that’s why buyers love them.
- Electric toothbrushes: Electric toothbrushes may be easier to use and more effective than manual toothbrushes, making them a go-to in grooming categories.
- Hair oil: Due to their unisex applications, hair oils are a trending product within male and female personal care sectors.
While fast food and takeout surged in popularity before the pandemic, more people have reverted to home-cooked meals today. According to reports from PM News Wire, seven of 10 consumers will continue cooking at home even after the pandemic.
The best-selling products in this category include:
- Air fryers: Air fryers are everywhere and rapidly gaining in popularity, especially around the holiday season. Buyers enjoy these products’ versatility and relative ease compared with deep fryers.
- Portable blenders: Like air fryers, portable blenders offer convenient and easy access. With them, buyers can make juices, smoothies, and other drinks on the go.
- Kitchen organizers: You’ve seen the TikTok videos. This category includes stackable racks, shelf organizers, carts, and door pantry organizers. Buyers cannot get enough of them.
Home décor items continue to post strong sales and growth figures. The market, which was valued at $641.4 billion in 2020, is forecast to grow at the rate of 4.8% yearly between 2021 and 2026.9
Some of the top trending products in this category include:
- Decorative doormats: Doormats with lovely designs, quirky messages, and other customized features are in great demand.
- Blackout curtains: In moving away from light, flowery curtains, people choose heavy window shades made with dark material to create a cool and cozy space.
- Bedside lamps: Apart from their functionality, bedside lamps are an opportunity to make a style statement. And with their ease of installation, it’s no wonder that buyers love bedside lamps.
- Sofa beds: It’s the ultimate combination of comfort and style, perfect for lazy days lounging in the living room with a good movie.
While more people make childbearing decisions later in life, there’s also a greater net spending on childcare items. Parents want to buy products that are great for their kids and are also increasingly looking to make a style statement.
The best choices for online childcare products include:
- Baby carriers: There has been a high and constant demand for baby carriers recently, and the search trends have remained relatively stable.
- Baby monitors: Ranking top of mind for safety considerations, baby monitors assure parents of their child’s safety. Models with additional features like two-way talk, night vision, and dynamic angles experience high demand.
- Baby swings: Baby swing products are increasingly hot amongst parents with infants. The swing’s gentle rocking motion calms infants and provides much-needed quiet time for adults.
- Toys: Kids’ toys are an e-commerce staple globally. In the US alone, demand for these products jumped by 17% in 2021.10
7. Pet products
The pet care market is another hot ticket item in e-commerce sales. Some of the top trending products in this category include:
- Dog harnesses: Dog harnesses are more comfortable than normal collars, as they don’t put as much strain on the pet’s neck.
- Cat beds: With the rise in cat ownership in many countries,11 cat accessories like cat beds are also rising in popularity.
- Pet carriers: A pet carrier is essential for any pet parent that needs to travel with their pet. Google Trends analysis shows that these products are seeing high demand.
As remote work has come to stay for many organizations, more employees are setting up home offices and workspaces. However, even amongst those faced with a return to in-office work, there’s a greater drive to secure a comfortable work environment with tools that promote comfort.
- Blue light glasses: Also called photochromic lenses, blue light glasses are a popular e-commerce item due to their eye health benefits.
- Podcast mics: Podcast mic sales grew during the pandemic as more people started podcasts. The podcast trend is still hot, and these items sell fast.
- Smart plugs: These devices can turn any electrical outlet into an AI-enriched resource. Buyers can use them to control devices remotely, hence their attraction.
- Mousepads: Mouse pads are also experiencing promising sales trends as more people prefer to use a mechanical mouse, even with laptops.
Winter sales will begin to pick up pace from the end of 2022 and will continue well into 2023. And with concerns around energy use and availability, more customers will look to obtain much-needed winter supplies. Products that are trending in this category include:
- Thick scarves: Apart from being cozy and highly functional, these are fashion items that can complement various outfits.
- Winter boots: Sturdy and stylish ones are popular, especially among younger buyers.
- Woolen jackets: The winter season can see sub-zero temperatures. These jackets are not only desired for their outdoor utility but can also be great for indoor use, especially with the expected energy rationing this winter.
- Thick socks: Along with waterproof winter boots, sellers should prepare for a surge in orders for thick socks.
- Winter mitts: Winter gloves will be desired for their functionality, comfort, and style.
Gadgets and appliances typically enjoy favorable online sales. For instance, mobile phones and smartphone accessories are customer favorites. As a result, the smartphone accessories market is expected to reach $413 billion in value by 2030.12 Products that will attract high demand include:
- Phone cases: Phone cases always sell, and 2023 is unlikely to be different.
- Power banks: People who are constantly mobile enjoy the ability to charge their phones on the go. Interest in power banks will also surge due to power cuts and rationing.
- Portable power stations: More consumers want to be in control of their power use, and portable power stations help provide this control.
Tips for selling trending products online
Now you know the best products to sell online in 2023. But how do you go about ensuring competitive advantage and a great selling experience for your online business? We’ve outlined some tips below that can help.
1. Pursue repeat sales
Customer retention can save your business money and earn you more in the long run. Yet, one-time buyers continue to pose a challenge for businesses. According to reports, 75% of consumers are one-time buyers.13
Your business can overcome this challenge by giving buyers reasons to return. Offering dedicated and effective customer service, personalized service, and quality products are tactics that can help.
2. Differentiate with packaging
According to a study by Ipsos, 72% of customers say that packaging design influences their purchasing decisions.13 This means making simple tweaks to your packaging can secure more buyers and increase brand loyalty.
Pursuing eco-friendly packaging, innovative designs, and customized options are tactics that can help you differentiate with packaging.
3. Sell eco-friendly products
Speaking about eco-friendliness, there’s an increasingly significant opportunity for sellers in sustainability categories. Reports suggest that 73% of consumers look for eco-friendly options when searching for household cleaning and personal care products.13
Savvy sellers can enter this market with well-performing products like compostable cork phone cases and laptop sleeves.
4. Double down in a niche
You’ve probably heard this many times already, but it’s worth repeating – you must pick an e-commerce niche and sell there. While it can be tempting to pursue every trending product and category, you’ll create a better and more sustainable business if you’re known for something specific.
5. Watch the competition
Finally, adopt the practice of periodically checking on your competitors to see what they’re doing, how that differs from your strategy and lessons you can learn. You’ll gain great insight into the market and enjoy opportunities to fine-tune your strategy.
One way to monitor the competition is to track the keywords used on their website. That gives you an idea of what markets they’re targeting. You can use tools like Ahrefs to crawl competitor websites and get a sense of their keywords.
Sell on Tarchim.com
With this list of top trending products to sell in 2023, you can plan your sales strategy for the coming year.
And if that strategy includes expanding your sales footprint to new countries and territories globally, then you’re in the right place. Tarchim.com gives you the tools and exposure to meet buyers in nearly 200 countries and territories globally and the support to make them loyal buyers.
Take the first step to creating an international brand for your business today. Open a seller account on Tarchim.com to get started.
12- https://alibaba.com/Market updates